We are half-way through the riding year and things are going well! This year definitely looks different due to COVID-19, but we remain committed to our mission of helping people overcome life’s obstacles through equine interaction.
As we navigate the ins and outs of working during COVID-19, we have discovered numerous opportunities to help us provide a safer environment. We will continue to follow the latest CDC recommendations and have implemented the following new procedures for the safety and welfare of our students, staff and volunteers:
- Students (and any accompanying family members), staff and volunteers are pre-screened daily for cough and shortness of breath, and are being instructed to go/stay home if any issues arise.
- Students (and any accompanying family members), staff and volunteers are required to wear face coverings for the protection of others.
- Students will not be grooming or tacking their horses at this time. Volunteers will groom and tack (saddle) the students’ horses before mounting to limit the handling of equipment.
- Only 1 student and an instructor are permitted on the mounting block at a time.
- Anti-bacterial disinfectants are provided at all facility entrances and are administered between all session activities for those not wearing gloves.
- All riding equipment, grooming tools, and lesson props are disinfected before and after individual usage.
- All door handles, common area surfaces and equipment are regularly disinfected throughout the day.
With the help of our staff and our wonderful volunteers, we are dedicated to providing excellent experiences to all of our students through this challenging time.
We look forward to seeing you!